Monday, March 10, 2014

Salvation by Faith Alone–Scripture

grace

I met someone on Facebook who I wanted to get to know better.  He knew his scriptures so I asked what he believed.  He told me that concerning salvation he believed you must believe and be baptized.  “But i'm not willing to teach faith alone I'm not willing to stake my soul or anyone i teach soul on faith alone.”

To answer him I told him I would write in this blog why I believe in faith alone for salvation.  This will take at least a couple of post. In this post I will share some of the scriptures which support salvation coming by faith in Jesus Christ and how nothing we do can add to the salvation of our souls.

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:  Not of works, lest any man should boast.”  Ephesians 2:8-9

“Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:” Romans 5:1

“Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.” Romans 3:28

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.” John 5:24

“Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.” Galatians 2:16

“And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:” Philippians 3:9  

“I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.” Galatians 2:21

“And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.” Romans 11:6

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:” Ephesians 2:8

“That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” Romans 10:9

“He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.” John 3:18

“By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.” Romans 5:2

“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9

“Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;” Titus 3:5

If you want to find more verses on salvation by faith, there are many more you can read.  Galatians 3:1-29 and Romans 4: 1-25 are some larger portions of Scriptures on the subject.   I will say more in my next post, but how can I say anything more powerful than what God says in his own word?

Photo Credit: “For by Grace…” by Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment