Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Blinded

blinded
Last Sunday, while visiting a church where Come Rest Ministries was ministering, I sat at the book table in the foyer.  The light was shining into where I sat, filling it with light.


As I sat there, I looked into the sanctuary area where the service had begun.  The darkness of the room was such that it was hard to imagine how people could see where they were going, or what was happening around them.

When it was time for the sermon to begin, I opened the glass door of the sanctuary and went in to find a seat.  I wanted to clearly hear what the Lord had for the people to hear.  As I looked around, I found I could see all within the room just fine.  I sat down and thought about how dark it had appeared before I had entered.  Now the room seemed very normal.  I could see everything just fine.  Looking out the door, towards the outside, the world seemed a washed with light.

I then realized that those in the world were use to the spiritual darkness which they constantly lived in.  To them, the darkness wasn’t dark at all.  To look out of this darkness and into the spiritual light could actually be  painful and blinding.  The light did not aid in their sight but actually hindered it.  If something lived in the spiritual light, they could not discern what it truly looked like.  To them, it appeared like a featureless and plain.  Details would be lost to them because of the light.

I pray that I live in the light, and the darkness hides the details of sin from me.  I don’t need to see what is happening within the darkness of the world.  I want to see Jesus.  I want to see His righteousness.  I want to reach those who live in darkness and help them to come into the light and see what the world of spiritual light is really like.

Photo Credit: Blinded by the Light by C. J. Sorg

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment