Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What do You Expect of Me?

Today, I was sitting on our couch praying.  I was bringing to the Lord things which concerned me such as family, ministries and my own life before him.  As I prayed I heard that still small voice speak to me.  “What do you expect of me?”

That question stopped me cold.  What did I expect of God?  What did I expect God to do as He listened to me ask for protection of my Peace Corp Volunteer daughter in The Gambia?  Did He decide to send a warrior angel to stand guard at her door because I asked Him to protect her?  Perhaps He planned to martyr her until I prayed.  Maybe He listened but decided to deny my request.
189603_543027877118_149700050_31593812_3273781_n
I prayed for strength and wisdom for myself to follow Him.  I want to serve him and not to sin.  Does that mean He will not allow temptations to come upon me? Does it mean God will send even greater temptations upon me, so I can grow stronger?

I prayed for Dick and Kim Speight of Come Rest Ministries that God’s presence would come upon them and bathe them in power.  That God provide for them financially, and that He blesses them as they work for Him.  When I think of how to bless them, does God see better ways to bless them?  Ways which may seem like trials to us?

What do I expect of God?  I sat there pondering how to answer Him.  Finally, I closed my eyes and confessed to Him what I truly wanted of Him.  I nodded as I said to Him.  “I expect you to be God.  You will listen to my request, and perhaps they will move your heart to fulfill my request, but I expect you to accomplish your will in all things.  Your Love will lead you into all righteousness, and I will worship you.  Oh my God, be God.”

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment