Monday, February 26, 2018

Christians Do Not Have Blind Faith


I have heard people, including Christians, talk about blind faith.  They seem to think that faith is blind and to trust God is to blindly walk through life only believing and never having anything solid to show for why they believe.

I am a skeptic.  I do not accept something on pure faith.  I need something to show that what I believe is true. When a preacher says something from the pulpit that I believe is non-scriptural I search it out and see if either I have something new to learn or the preacher has something he needs to unlearn.  I do not like the concept of blind faith and will not trust God by blind faith.

So if God told me that the center of the earth had greatest party room ever, would I believe Him?  I would be first in line for a ticket to the center of the earth. Yes.  Yes, I would believe the most ridiculous and mind bending things if God told me.  Am I accepting what He says with bind faith?  NO!  Never!

Just as you trust that chair you are sitting in because it has proven itself faithful to hold you, I trust God because He has proven Himself faithful.  God's track record for truth and faithfulness is totally pure and spotless.  His prophecies of future events have been correct every time.  His promises are fulfilled.  His name is unblemished with anything false.

I have seen Him also working in my life.  He has always been faithful to me personally.  I have witnessed God in other peoples lives and again He has never failed.  I have seen lives miraculously changed from the pits of Hell to an abundant life of peace and love, because God has always been faithful to His word. 

When the all powerful, all knowing, trustworthy proven God of the universe speaks, I listen with a firm belief that has been tested.  I do not have blind faith.  I have a knowledgeable faith in the one who has proven Himself.   

Photo Credit: Yelp Edinburgh's January Elite Event: Dining in the Dark @Edinburgh Larder Bistro by Yelp Inc.

2 comments: