Saturday, February 24, 2018

No Fears! No Worries!


Would you like to live a life without fear and worry?  It seems impossible in this fallen world filled with violence, war, sickness and death. If it was impossible than why would scripture so many times tell us not to fear or worry?

The people with no fear are not extreme sports athletes who do death defying stunts.  The answer is not in being brave.  The mystery of where to find a worry free, fearless life is found in the Bible.  If we really believed it we would be closer to a fear free life.

"Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid.  The LORD, the LORD himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation." Isaiah 12:2

When Isaiah says "I will trust and not be afraid" he is not just talking about fear of death and where we would go afterwards. If we truly trust God with our lives, we would have no fear.  We would know that God loves us too much to let unnecessary pain in our lives.  Yes, some pain is necessary in order to grow in Him and to serve Him, but even then God is there beside us.  The life of a Christian will have have pain, suffering and even death because of the fall of man. But God is love and in the love chapter of the Bible, 1 Corinthians 13, it says that love always protects.  God protects us from Satan's plans, so the we can follow God's plan for our lives.

So what do you have to fear?  What do you have to worry about?  The God who loves you more than anything you could imagine is with you; protecting you.  You just need to rest in Him.  Trust that you are in His protective hands where you can just peacefully curl up and sleep soundly; knowing that He is watching over you.

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your heart be trouble and do not be afraid."  John 14:27

Photo Credit: Panic by Nate Steiner

Previously posted on my site Biblical Mysteries

No comments:

Post a Comment