Monday, September 5, 2011

The First Commandment

I was looking at quotes about “The Ten Commandments” and I have come to the conclusion that people do not really understand them.  They are not laws set down to tell you what to not do.  God is not an ogre standing over you with a club, to hit you over the head when you disobey Him.  They are a road map to Him.  I will post about each commandment in hopes of showing you what I mean.

“Thou shalt have no other gods before me.”  Exodus 20: 3
 
Bahia is a religion that believes all religions lead to God.   Jesus, Buddha, Allah, and other beliefs are all equal.  God never says that in the Scripture.  It says: “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”  John 14:6

I am not going to compromise what scriptures say, just to sound nice. If I sound like I accept other's beliefs, I am encouraging them in their journey; which ends in their eternal death.  God wants us to love them enough to tell them the truth.  Accepting their beliefs as equal to Christianity is not loving.

People do not want to talk about politics and religion because it can cause emotional confrontations.  Not talking about religion can cause eternal pain, torment and a very emotional reaction of sorrow to the one who ends up in the eternal lake of fire.  Christians have the answer to that eternal condemnation.  Jesus.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment