Monday, June 18, 2012

I Struggle Everyday. I Don’t want to Die.

alter

I am struggling.  It is not easy to be what God desires me to be.  I wish I could just go to church on Sundays to worship and with a smile, and live my own life the rest of the week.  I know it's selfish, but it sure does sound nice.  Most Christians live their lives that way, so why not me?

Then I hear this still small voice.  “Beloved Son, I expect more from you then that.  You were never created to live your life in the chains of the world.  You do not belong to yourself, and I will not suffer you to live as if you do.  I love you too much.”

This is where God brings to my mind Romans 12: 1-2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

The early church understood this.  All they had and were, was given to God and to His people.  I am not the only one whom God calls to live the life of sacrifice.  He calls all of His children to die to self.  You are called to put aside your selfish desires for His desires.

Yes, I struggle to keep my hands off my life and what I “own."  I struggle to let  my selfish die.  I don’t want to be a living sacrifice, but I don’t want to disappoint God either.  He loves me so much, how can I say no?

The beautiful thing is, it is worth it all.  No matter how hard the struggle or what pains we might bear, doing the will of Christ is more than worth it.  He showers us with blessing and accepts us even when we fail.  He is doing a great work in us.  We just need to keep our eyes on Him and keep struggling.

 

Photo Credit: Sacrificial Alter by Nat and Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment