Thursday, June 21, 2012

Zealousness of Today’s Christian Leaders

wounded

You ask yourself, “Why should I worry about this?  I am not a leader.”  Even if that is true, God will call you to be a leader tomorrow.  God does not want you to linger where you are today.  You may be named the leader of a group, called to lead your family, or to some high calling of God you do not know about.  You can be sure that no matter where you are now, God will call you to leadership.

The Apostle Paul, one of the leaders in the First Century Church, said in 1 Corinthians 11:1 “Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.”  So lets see how today’s Christian Leaders match up to following Paul’s example.

How Zealous was Paul? When it came to persecuting Christians, he was so zealous in running them down and killing them, that Jesus Himself came to him in a blinding flash saying, “Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?”

I am not sure there were very many things that Paul ever did without zeal.  In 1 Corinthians 10:31 he told the church, “Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God”  Do you always eat and drink to the glory of God? I could see him saying when you do a good deed, do it to the glory of God, but he tells us to do even the smallest things to God’s Glory.  He had zeal for even the minutest things.

Paul zealously desired salvation for the lost.  He was whipped five times, three times beaten with a rod, stoned and left for dead, and still he did not stop preaching the Gospel.  He desired salvation for them so much that in Romans 9:3 he says, “For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:”

Oh, that today’s Christian had such zeal!  Paul was full of zeal because he was full of the love of God.  Nothing else mattered.  To Paul, to live is Christ and to die is gain.  Today, God’s eyes are searching the earth for a Paul.  What will He see when His sight falls upon you?

Photo Credit: Mountain Men by Dioboss

No comments:

Post a Comment