Saturday, September 7, 2013

Will the Syrian Trouble Become the War of Gog and Magog?

syria

The situation in Syria is in the news daily.  The world is worried that this could escalate into the war of Gog and Magog, or even Armageddon.  If you are part of those groups, let me just say, “God is in control.”

First off, it is way to early for Armageddon.  To many events have to occur before Armageddon happens.  The Bible has set out in order, events which will happen.  It is safe to say, Armageddon will be a no show for at least a few years yet.

Gog and Magog war is a possibility, but I doubt it.  The countries listed in Ezekiel  38 & 39 does NOT include Syria.  In fact it does not include any countries immediately surrounding Israel.  I would think that if this was the war with Gog and Magog the scripture would list the country that is initiating the trouble.

Another thing that needs to happen before the Gog and Magog war is that Israel has to be dwelling in safety. (Ezekiel 28: 25-26)  I think we can safely say that Israel is not dwelling in safety today.

So will something happen in Israel because of what is happening in Syria?  I think this will be one of the most significant times in the history of Israel.  Israel will have to dwell in safety in order for the Gog and Magog war, so perhaps this present situation will bring about a conflict which will end with Israel once again being the victor.  This time the victory will put an end to the surrounding nations threats and to Palestinian terrorism.  I even think this could make if possible for Israel to build the Third temple.

Does this sound like a far fetched idea?  I guess it is but only from our human stand point. I think many people who talk about fulfilling prophecies are usually deceived, but each day I come to believe more firmly that we are in the very last days.  The tribulation is in sight.  God is moving and it is a wonderful and terrifying sight to see.  I might not have the details all correct, but I think the signs and God’s word point in this direction.

I am writing this only to show you that no matter what happens, you must remember that,  “God is in control.”  This situation does not surprise Him.

Photo Credit: A Syrian man inspects the destruction in his house in the Bab Amro neighbourhood of Homs on May 2, 2012 by Freedom House

No comments:

Post a Comment