Thursday, May 31, 2012

5 Steps to Seeing Miracles in Your Life

laying on hands
Step 1.  You can do nothing for God that is worthwhile and eternal while you live without Jesus in your life.  Salvation is the first step to becoming a Godly instrument which Jesus can use in miraculous ways.
Ephesians 2:6-106 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.”
Step 2. To do God’s work you must know His overall strategy and guidelines.  That is found in His scriptures, The Bible.  Knowing what God has written in the scriptures is  essential.  It is the key to knowing God’s Heart.  I suggest you read the Bible everyday and let God speak to you through it.
2 Timothy 3:16  “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
Step 3.  Listen to God.  Yes, God does speak to people, but we to often do not hear Him.  When you accepted Christ as your savior, it was because you heard a still small voice in your heart calling you to Him.  When someone is called to the pastorate or to be a missionary, it is because they heard the voice of God calling them into that work.  You can hear Him also.  His voice to you might be that still small voice, or a vision, or a conviction.  His communication to us is multifaceted.

Don’t just read the Bible, read and listen for His voice.  The Bible gives you God’s strategy, but hearing His voice gives you the tactical information from God for the details of what God plans for you.  His voice will never go against what The Bible says.  The two work together.
John 10:27  “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Step 4.  Abide in Him.  You can be a Christian, who has the Bible memorized and hears God speaking to them, but you must live your life in His presence.  The word abide means to conform and wait patiently in a fixed place.  It means becoming Christ-like in your life.  It is sacrificing your selfish desires for His Loving desires.  This is a painful step, because it means dying to your self-interest, but it is a necessary step if we are to gain God’s best in our lives.
Romans 12: 1-2  1. I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Step 5. Do only what you see Him doing.  I admit I would love to see visions of God doing something and follow His leading in that way.  Sadly, He does not give visions to everyone, but Jesus does show Himself to those who abide in Him.  How God communicates with you is up to Him.

You might be in the cash register line, and God urges you to tell the cashier, “I believe God has told me that your son will be fine.”  You might not have any idea who this person is, but God wants that cashier to hear through you that her son, who was in a car accident, will be alright.
John 14:21  “He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
God will manifest Himself in you in miraculous ways if you follow these steps.  He has promised that you not only can do great works ,but that you can do even greater works then He did.
John 14: 12-14 “12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it
Photo Credit: Kelly Shepherd Crying by Transguyjay

No comments:

Post a Comment