Saturday, May 28, 2011

Ultimate Sacrifice

I was in the US Navy from 1970 until 1974 and served in Viet Nam.  Three of my shipmates died from action with the enemy.  Click on this sentence to read my past blog on them.

I have found that my life in the military helped prepare me for my life as a Christian.  Obedience to orders, respect to leaders, preparation, fellowship and working with others, and self sacrifice.

This is Memorial Day Weekend when we remember those who have died in the service to our country.  I praise God for them and for their sacrificing all for us.  Their sacrifice has bought us freedom in this country.

I pray that we as Christians will also sacrifice our lives for Christ. 
Romans 12: 1-2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment