Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Is Jesus God?


Most people in the world say that Jesus is not God.  Does the Old Testament show Jesus to be God?  Not only does it show him to be God it out right says it.

In the Hebrew the word for salvation is Yeshuah.  The Greek translation of Yeshuah is Jesus. So Jesus' name means salvation or Yahweh saves.  With this knowledge we can find some very interesting verses in the old testament. 

"Surely God is (my) Yeshuah; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become (my) YeshuahIsaiah 12:2

"The LORD is my strength and my defense; he has become (my) Yeshuah." Psalm 118:14

"The LORD is my strength and my defense; he has become (my) Yeshuah. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him." Exodus 15:2

The words in parenthesis were added by translators to make it easier to understand.  

You might say this is only a coincidence but when it comes to God, there are no coincidences. Yes these verses are talking about salvation, but many times God talks about two different things in a verse. I believe these verses have a double meaning as well as do many more Bible passages. These verses show that God came to earth and became Yeshuah, our salvation. 



No comments:

Post a Comment