Tuesday, March 20, 2018

The Greatest Moment of My Life


I look back on my life and see some pretty low points and some joyously high peaks.  The greatest moments of my past would have to include my marriage and life with my wife Kathy, the birth of my three daughters and of course accepting Jesus as my savior.

The greatest moment of my life though is yet to come.  That is the day I come face to face with God.  I am sure I will be trembling in awe of Him.  I will fall down on my face and probably just stay that way for a long, long time.

God, the all mighty.  God, the all knowing.  God, the awesome.  I can only imagine what my eyes will see and I am sure it will be far more fearful than that.  To be before the most powerful force in all existence, a person who could wipe me out with a single word or gesture.  God!

But I think what will amaze me the most is not His awesome power, but His love.  I would shun all safety so I could be in the presence of the awesome and fearful God because He is the most loving being in existence.  A love for me that is greater than my fears.

I truly feel homesick for Heaven.  I feel such a desire to be living with my God.  God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are my greatest desire, and seeing them I am sure will be my greatest moment in life.

"My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.  When shall I come and appear before God?" Psalm 42:2

No comments:

Post a Comment