Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bend Me!!

I see no hope for a revival among God's people today.  They are so enamored and so cluttered up with Hollywood and newspapers and magazines and parties and bowling alleys and camping trips and everything else. How in the world are they going to get still long enough to see anything from God?
 Lester Roloff
 
 
Why is it that we don’t see revival more often?  Have you wondered how a revival begins?  I have found many people say that revival first begins with prayer.  Sometimes people will pray for years before God sends a revival.  While I do believe that prayer is vital, revival needs something else first.  A committed soul to pray for the revival.  A Christian who has died to self and allowed God to bend them to His will.
It is not just a prayer, or a million prayers, needed to bring revival.  What is needed is a man who fulfills James 5:16  “Confess [your] faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.”
An example of such a man is found in Even Roberts. 

He visited a meeting where Seth Joshua was preaching and heard the evangelist pray “Lord, bend us”. The Holy Spirit said to Evan, “That’s what you need”. At the following meeting Evan experienced a powerful filling with the Holy Spirit. “I felt a living power pervading my bosom. It took my breath away and my legs trembled exceedingly. This living power became stronger and stronger as each one prayed, until I felt it would tear me apart. My whole bosom was a turmoil and if I had not prayed it would have burst…. I fell on my knees with my arms over the seat in front of me. My face was bathed in perspiration, and the tears flowed in streams. I cried out “Bend me, bend me!!” It was God’s commending love which bent me… what a wave of peace flooded my bosom…. I was filled with compassion for those who must bend at the judgement, and I wept. Following that, the salvation of the human soul was solemnly impressed on me. I felt ablaze with the desire to go through the length and breadth of Wales to tell of the saviour”.
Copied from Revival Library  Electronic Copyright © 2009 Tony Cauchi, Used with permission from Mr. Cauchi

It was at this point that Evan Roberts began to pray that the Lord would save a hundred thousand souls.  It was after he had allowed God to bend his will to God’s will.  After Evan Roberts had died to self.  He had told God that there was nothing in this life which could compare to doing God’s will.
That is where every revival needs to begin.  People willing to be the first seeds of faith for a revival.  People willing to die to self so that God can grow a revival from the deaths of their selfish will.   Christians dying to the things of this world, dying to their own desires and comforts, so that God can work with them to do great things by their lives.
God is looking to and fro for such a person.  I challenge you to spend time with the Lord everyday and seek His will for your life.  You might be the seed God is looking for, to start the next revival.  You might find God driving you to your knees, weeping streams of tears as you cry out to God, “Bend me, bend me!!”

Lord, here am I.  Send me.

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

1 comment:

  1. I love that story. And the words of Lester Roloff ring true. We are seldom quiet before Him. I'm reminded of Jesus' words about abiding in the Vine. I think that much of abiding is waiting with an open heart. And then upon receiving from Him we need to obey and follow His leading.

    ReplyDelete